6th Grade Social Studies
study vocabulary terms (Test on Monday)
7th and 8th Grade Sport Essay
Where did the sport originate from?
What are the rules?
Who is the most famous athelete in the sport?
How is the sport played?
When is the sport played? (Seasonal, Year round)
Is the sport played in the Olympics?
Attach a copy of the flag where the sport originated from
6th GRADE SOCIAL STUDIES
- Epic-a long poem that tells the story of a hero
- Barbarians- the name given by the Greeks to any people who were not Greek
- Colonies-areas set up in conquered lands by the Greek city states for use when they themselves became overpopulated
- Minoan-an ancient Cretan civilization
- Myths-legends or stories that attempt to explain natural events
- Dorians-a group that invaded Greece around 1000 B.C.
- Hellenes-the name the Dorians gave themselves
- Acropolis- a hilltop fortress in Ancient Athens which included the Parthenon and other famous buildings where citizens met to discuss affairs of the community
- Agora-the central marketplace in Ancient Athens and the site of numerous temples and government buildings
- Mattock- a heavy hoe which was the chief tool of Greek farmers
Unit 4 Pretest Take Home
Reminder: Please bring in a shoe box
6th Grade ILA
- Amphibious-living or able to live both on land and in water
- Audible- that is heard or that can be heard
- Hummocks- A tract of forested land
Wince- to shrink or start involuntarily or gesture
How do you get motivated to do something that seems impossible?
8th Grade ILA
The Giver Take Home Pre-Test
Read Chapter 4 and 5 in The Giver
Simple Solutions Lesson 23
Number of the Stars Book Report Due (Dec. 13th )
WEEK OF 12/1
- Dec 4th Santa Secret Shop
- Sat. the 6th of Dec. Christmas Bazaar