Extended Day Program
Take comfort in knowing your child is safe and well cared for.
As a service to the parents, Mother Teresa Regional School offers supervision before and after school for students in grades Pre-K to 8. Our Extended Day Program provides professional care, supervision and recreation in a safe and caring environment. The children enjoy a variety of activities including inside and outside recreation. Time is also set aside for homework completion.
The Extended Day Program is available between the hours of of 7:00 am - 7:45 am and 2:30 pm - 5:30 pm daily. On half-day Fridays, Extended Day Program hours are from 12:00 pm - 5:30 pm. Parents are required to pick up children promptly by 5:30 pm or be charged a late fee ($5 per 15 minutes).
The program begins the first full week of school, and ends before the last day in June. A calendar will be given to parents with the dates of closing. EDP will not be held in the event that school is closed due to inclement weather. Before care is offered one hour before school is scheduled to open on a delayed opening day.
Dates there will be NO EDP:
October 9, 2015
November 25, 2015
December 23, 2015
January 15, 2016
February 5, 2016
March 23, 2016
April 15, 2016
May 27, 2016
June 22, 2016
Registration and Fees
In order for your child to take part in the EDP program all required forms must be filled out, signed and returned to school before the first day the program begins. Fees are determined by the amount you use the program and the number of children you have in the program. Time will be rounded to the nearest 15-minute interval for billing purposes. Families will be billed for the Extended Day Program every two weeks.
1 child- $7.00 per hour
2 children-$11.00 per hour
3 children-$15.00 per hour
Students who are dropped off for before care will be charged $5 per day.
Keeping Your Child Happy and Comfortable
We want your child to be happy and comfortable in the Extended Day Program, therefore, we ask that:
- All children behave properly, respect staff and each other, and obey the rules set forth by Extended Day Program personnel.
- Parents provide children with a breakfast item, healthy snack and drink, and lunch on half day Fridays.
- A note be provided if students will be leaving EDP to attend a club or practice at the school.
- Children put away toys they are playing with before going home. Children may bring toys from home, however, we cannot be responsible for those lost or broken.
- Parents send adequate clothing so that children are prepared to go outside. We go outside every day, weather permitting. Parents may also provide a change of clothing, labeled with the child's name to ensure no "mix-ups".
- Parents maintain responsibility for ensuring successful homework completion. Time is set aside every afternoon for homework, and while we strongly suggest homework is completed, children do not always finish all of it.
Drop-Off and Pick-Up
For early morning drop-off, enter the building through the front doors of the school and students proceed to room 106.
For afternoon and evening pick-up, enter the building through the back door located next to the playground. An intercom system is in place for parents to alert the staff that they are here to pick up their child.
No child will be released to any other person unless specified by parent or legal guardian in writing. Identification must also be shown.
Page last updated: July 21, 2015